Thursday 27 August 2009

How I Met Your Mother Comes To E4

Mark it in your diaries: September 4th. The best US sitcom since Frasier is finally coming to the UK (albeit four seasons behind). After repeating Friends until I can just about quote every line of all ten seasons, E4 have finally bought How I Met Your Mother. BBC bought the first season a few years ago and killed it stone dead by showing it at 3 in the morning, and I only in the past year or so rediscovered it.
At first it seems like little more than a Friends clone, but by the end of season one, you will - I personally guarantee this - be utterly addicted and invested in the characters. It's frequently hilarious, always has a least one perfect quotable for the rest of the week moment, and, as it goes on becomes as perfectly poignant as Frasier used to be.
There are far too many highlights to name: The Slap Bet, The Bro Code, Marshall and Lily's wedding, Robin Sparkles...
And nothing can prepare you for Barney Stinson. He's Legen- wait for it - dary.
Here's a clip from one of my favourite episodes...

3 comments:

fluid69 said...

Something else for me to forget is on, miss, only to catch up with on DVD.

Traveller28 said...

I do rather like it, NPH rocks!

Simon Avery said...

Yep, Neil Patrick Harris's Barney is one of the great modern TV charcters along with Niles Crane and Leonard from The Big Bang Theory.