Thursday 29 January 2009

Objects Of Inexplicable Desire # 3: The 12" Rocketeer


This is niche market stuff, I know, and I'm not usually one for action figures. But I love The Rocketeer, in comic book form and movie form. In fact there'll probably be a post about the late Dave Stevens, creator of The Rocketeer coming shortly. The movie wasn't exactly a huge success but I know
it has a special place in the heart of many a comic book fan.
Japanese company, Medicom picked up the license to produce a limited run of 2,000 of these 12" Rocketeer's for their Real Action Heroes line. As they were only available in Japan and various speciality stores around the world, they're worth a pretty penny these days. I'd go look up one on ebay, but it'd just upset me.
The helmet is also a thing of geeky beauty, and similarly expensive..





*EDIT* I just checked, despite myself, and there's one of the Medicom toys going for £136 on ebay. Nice. I'm glad I did that.

2 comments:

Traveller28 said...

You know my weakness for Japanese toys. Medicom, like "Hot Toys" make the best figures (the Dark Knight 12 inch is standing proudly on my shelf, as is the Takara 12 inch Batman Begins).

This is a damn fine toy and I have the envy but the 12 inch Hot Toys HEllboy is next on my list!

http://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/hot-toys---hellboy-ii---16th-scale---collectible-figure-48-p.asp

Have you seen the Predator movie figures too?? God, they are amazing!

Simon Avery said...

I shall go and have a look at that hellboy one in a minute. I recall the pics of your DK one and it is very cool. Shame they're so bloody expensive!