Sunday 25 January 2009

Objects Of Inexplicable Desire #1:Dr Grordbort's Infallible Aether Oscillators (That's Rayguns to the layman)

Who doesn't love themselves some retro-cool raygun action? Well, if you've got the cash to splash (and I mean a lot of cash), then head over to Weta (who brought us armies of rampaging orcs and an ice dancing Kong) for just that.
To the left, we have the Victorious Mongoose Concealbale Ray Pistol (a snip at £264), which will (and I quote)... obliterate four pounds of Budgerigars in three fascinating seconds.






And how could one resist the Goliathon 800 Moon Hater Death Ray, which would make a superb centre-piece to any laboratory or lounge and allow you to begin a well rounded bombardment of any Moon habitation you fancy, all from a comfy chair.





...or Lord Cockswain's weapon of choice - The Unnatural Selector, built in metal, glass, Tremontium and rare Venusian Worm Oak.
Going for the princely sum of anywhere from $4,500 to $7,900.



4 comments:

Traveller28 said...

I still have my eyes on the replica "Samaritan" from Hellboy. One day :)

Simon Avery said...

Yeah, that is mightily cool too. It's hard to justify a big cash outlay for fancy decorative guns, alas...

fluid69 said...

I'll stick with my £5 plastic one from the panto.

Simon Avery said...

Yeah, I think that's a prudent financial decision!