Thursday 5 February 2009

Avery Manor: The Tour (Part Four: The Miscellaneous)

The fridge. I started buying stuff from wherever I went to attach to the fridge door. Slowly it got out of hand. Postcards, photos, magnets, stickers, badges, from all over Europe and beyond. This is just a small part of the whole. Pics of Amanda at a burlesque night, one of Joe and Ade at Brian's wedding, some Vargas girls, BPRD, Bettie Page, Rolling Stones stickers, Kirby, Ditko and Loisel artwork, some Beatles and Doctor Who magnets, along with various items from Paris and The Village itself. A work in progess at all times...
A christmas present from Amanda, currently residing in the kitchen beside the Superman Returns poster. This is a huge print of some of my favourite photography.
And finally, the current view from the sofa where I'm typing this. And yes, that's Christina Aguilera on the laptop wallpaper (it's artistic)...

4 comments:

Traveller28 said...

You have a dalek in your mosaic ;)

I shall aquire some cool fridge art for you on my next trip :)

Simon Avery said...

Amanda picked the mosaic pics. She felt there should be some Dalek action!
And cool fridge art is always welcome!

fluid69 said...

Wow, by the way you've angled those photos, it really does look like you live in a mansion. Nicely done. A crafted illusion befitting a writer. One day I will have a casa of my own. Pix of my current abode would just like someone had photographed a particularly sad squat somewhere :(

Simon Avery said...

Well I did call it Avery Manor. Pics of the Batcave to follow...